I actually finished this gray bustle skirt a little while ago, but never put it online.
I didn’t even get a chance to try it on! I finished it, and hung it up out of the way so I could move on to other projects.
Today was the first time I finally got around to making sure it fit.
There are some issues I’m not happy about, but who knows how many times I’ll actually wear it. It’s not worth the trouble to fix any of those issues right now, unless I finish everything else in enough time and want something to work on.
The fabric was annoying, and even with flatlining it to another fabric, it still drove me nuts. It didn’t want to press nicely either.
The main annoyance is some buckling on the back hem. That’s where the flatlining didn’t go so smoothly, and I didn’t realize it until I’d already started handsewing the hem. I’m not in the mood to take those stitches out and attempt smoothing the fabric down, so I’m just hoping no one will notice.
I still need to take some photos of the skirt with the bodice later this month, but click here for more information and some photos of the skirt on a dressform: