I’ve been getting some practice lately hand sewing rolled hems. I’m more comfortable with them, and they’re getting smaller each time. I’m also feeling better about turning corners. I wish I had learned how to do it sooner.
A big thanks to Slightly Obsessed’s blog entry about sewing rolled hems!
Since I didn’t like the original cravat I made to go with my husband’s first 18th century shirt, I decided to make another one.
It’s a slightly different cotton fabric than the shirt — I’m looking forward to eventually making us new items with better fabrics, but these work for now.
The big change is that it’s wider and just long enough to tuck into the waistcoat. It’s about 8 inches by 65 inches. I think this will fill in the space between the chest ruffles better than it used to.
I still need to make his breeches and jacket, and order a few things.
Hopefully I can stop messing around with projects that were supposed to be finished, and focus on the things he still needs!