I lost about half the month to work on my hat due to getting injured, and then having to wait until the weekend to get the outer fabric (I had to go a little bit of a distance to a fabric district).
This is also the first time I have made a hat from scratch (I made a small bonnet once), and I chose not only to use “off” supplies, I picked the biggest hat I could possibly sew! 😉
I went with a late 18th century picture hat (made famous by Thomas Gainsborough and ladies like Georgiana).
This is my first time to do a challenge, and I already have a format on my costume pages, so I’m just going to keep the same format and try to make sure I answer the questions. I remembered to take plenty of photos and I babble quite a bit (there was only one step, covering the brim, that I didn’t bother taking photos of).
I will be skipping the October challenge, since I have a gown to sew, but I’m hopeful I can do something for November’s challenge.
Please see the link below for the hat photos and information!