Black Reticule

Patterns used:
– Simplicity 9966 (with some changes).

Fabrics used:
– Black satin (outer).
– Black cotton (lining).

Other materials used:
– Black store-bought ribbon for drawstrings.
– Black store-bought tassel.
– Black thread.

All machine sewn, except for the turning spot in the lining, and the tassel attachment.

I needed a toned-down reticule for an event I’m attending. I also figured it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a reticule that could go with most any outfit if I was in a hurry.

Since I’d made one in plaid recently, I decided I would go ahead and use this pattern again.

The changes I made were using the pattern’s seam allowance as the finished edge, and adding extra for seam allowance. I also moved the drawstring channel up as needed. I decorated it only with a single tassel at the bottom, instead of going by the pattern’s recommendations.

Photos:

black tassel reticule

black tassel reticule

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *