– Simplicity 9966 (with some changes).
– Cotton plaid fabric (outer).
– Black cotton fabric (lining).
Other materials used:
– Black store bought ribbon for drawstrings.
– Black store bought tassel.
– Black thread.
All machine sewn, except for the turning spot in the lining and the tassel attachment.
I was in the process of making a plaid bustle outfit, and decided to make a matching reticule.
I wasn’t sure what shape or style reticule I wanted to make, and then remembered I had this pattern. I’ve used it once before for another outfit, but didn’t want to follow the pattern exactly.
I decided to turn the plaid on the bias, and use a tassel as the decoration.
I made a slight change to the pattern, aside from not adding their recommended decorations. I increased the actual reticule size to include their seam allowances, and added my own seam allowance (also raising the drawstring channel to follow the same adjustments). I wanted it to be slightly bigger, but not by too much. I also skipped the interfacing step.
I’ve actually never attached a tassel before, but I think it makes a cute and fun addition.
I may replace the ribbons down the line with black cord, but we’ll see how these work for now.