– Patterns of Fashion 1: 1660-1860 (page 26 , view C), by Janet Arnold.
– Unknown, gift from friend.
Other materials used:
– White cotton fabric for lining.
– Green fabric for cuffs (unknown, gift from friend).
– Hooks and Eyes.
Hand and machine sewing.
This outfit is named after a friend, Kaycee, who gave me a lot of fabrics that were used to make it. The green petticoat will be paired with other jackets to help save time and give me a little variety.
There are a few errors I would like to fix on this pattern, especially if I make another jacket like it.
I need to be careful with the shoulder straps pulling out too much. While fittings wearing a regular shirt worked fine, the shift has more fullness and causes the sleeves and shoulder straps to pull too much off my shoulders. Also, I need to be careful just how tight I have the neckline of my shift tied — it was showing a little on the sides of the neckline.
Since I don’t want to use pins to close my jacket, I used hooks and eyes. I thought I had fixed the top few, but they’re showing a little bit of a gap.
Also, the sleeves might be a little too long making the cuffs a bit low on my arms. I’m not sure if I still like it this way or not.
Getting into this jacket is hard, especially if I am wearing the neckerchief. There are a lot of bulky layers that move around too much, and the jacket is tight-fitting.
I decided to make the sleeves with the stripes going up and down, since the original in the drawing seemed to be made the same way.
Here are entries that mention the K Gown:
– Main entry.